TV-2013-10-02 #113 – October 2nd, 2013

Tech Horror Stories and Business Advice

Show Links –

6 Comments
Posted in Podcast

6 Responses to “TV-2013-10-02 #113”

1. Jason Pass says:

VPN wise you could setup OpenVPN (quick search shows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbyizWepFVQ) and use it to connection machines to a local network. If you use ProSafe Firewalls you can also use their VPN Connection on laptops to connect on the go just like OpenVPN.

2. Jeffery says:

Thanks for the advice with my questions! It gave me some things to look at and think about.

3. Mike says:

My BESTEC ATX 250-12Z Rev D7R is kaput. What would you recommend as a replacement? Also, having looked at one of your videos for removing the CPU mine does not seem to budge after removing the 4 screws. Any comments?
    Thanks
    MH

4. Luke says:

Hi, Im 13 years old and I had saved up some money to build a PC,so I built it and sold it on e-bay and made a bit of profit,Im looking to invest that profit in building a better PC and to make more profit, thanks to Carey I ensure that I take in all of his tips and I successfully build a Pc , There is no reason in this comment besides thanking Mike an Carey for there great podcasts and Carey for his YouTube videos, Thanks for helping me,Luke Taylor

5. Fred Z says:

To remove a stuck on cpu, I remove the cpu and fan together. Be careful not to mess up the pins on the board. Put the cpu so it’s vertical, and on something soft,like a towel. Put a thin screwdriver between the cpu and fan and turn slowly. The grease will break apart. Then clean the cpu and fan with alcohol.

6. James says:

Carey:

While you have mentioned many times some of the things you do when you take a computer for repair, it would be nice if you could compile a checklist of these items to give us some idea of the steps you take preparing a computer for return to the customer.

or chancel