TV-2009-05-12 #012 – May 13th, 2009

We get caught up on listener email

6 Comments
Posted in Podcast

6 Responses to “TV-2009-05-12 #012”

1. anonymous says:

I used VistaPrint several years ago and never had any problems then. It is possible that they’ve changed their method since then.

2. anonymous says:

Those shortcut keys on some keyboards are silly especially since Windows lets you use key combinations to run programs. If you’re really savvy you can even setup macros. i personally use CTRL+ATL+E for launching internet explorer, CTRL+ALT+W for launching Microsoft Word, and many other combinations.

3. Clande Stine says:

Is anyone having issues with Internet Explorer? I started using IE 8 and noticed that every once in a while it seems to have trouble connecting. I’ve cleared my cache several times but that doesn’t seem to make a difference. I don’t think it’s a network issue because Firefox and Chrome do not exhibit the same behaviorisms. I like to alternate between multiple browser types because some site look or work better in one browser type versus the other, but when IE won’t load a site it gets really annoying. Sometimes it feels like I’m back on dial-up waiting for a page to load. I also down graded back to IE 7 and even tried IE 6 and noticed both exhibit the same behavior so it doesn’t seem to be limited to just IE 8. What is going on here? Is Microsoft’s idea of security a browser that doesn’t work? Thanks for the show. Keep up the great work!

4. WallClock says:

How can one condone the use of a automatic check box that will deduct $9.99 per month until you check your credit card statement. Comparing it to Newegg is laughable, at least I can see the total before I pay and then fix the problem.

I was surprised you didn’t scold these tactics but just took them as part of doing business !

5. Joe Messman says:

I have had issues with IE 8 on about one third of the computers I install it on. Slooooow and also Firefox drags also. I uninstall IE 8 and everthing is fine. Go figure. Too much bloat in my opinion and why Firefox is affected I don’t know.

6. mark says:

I’ve been meaning to respond to your request for our opinion on advertising or donations. I say do both, a few ads don’t detract from the content, and having a donate here button works as well. You guys deliver excellent content and deserve some cash for compensation for your time, and your bandwidth.
    Thanks keep it up!